Why use a Content Management System?
Print and web publishers quickly build up large numbers of web pages. Managing a large number of pages can become a huge chore. Changing formats requires going back to every page and editing. By putting content into a database, it becomes possible to quickly make site-wide changes.
Another feature of Content Management Systems is that different types of work can be separated and done by the people best at them. Web designers can make the site attractive, database programmers can handle the linking and logic and editors and writers can handle the content.
- Workflow improvement
- Ease of operation
- Faster and more frequent updating possible
- Backup/redundancy can be automated
- Keep your website only by using Redundant Servers
- Cost savings by having the right people work on the right tasks
- Outlook Express email package (free) can be used for data
input, instead of a copy of Microsoft Word or an HTML Editor such as Dreamweaver or GoLive
- Overall IT Cost Savings